The most common form of arthritis, osteoarthritis, develops when cartilage -- the protective tissue that cushions the joint -- begins to break down.
The Arthritis Care Guide presents easy-to-read sections, along with illustrations and animations so that you can learn more about this chronic condition and how to make education health care decisions.
Get information to help you answer the following questions:
- What are the symptoms and causes of arthritis?
- How is arthritis diagnosed?
- What are the treatment options for arthritis?
- How can you better manage your symptoms?
- What drugs are used to treat arthritis?
The better you understand this condition and what options are available, the more actively you can work with your health care team to get the treatment that’s right for you or your loved one.